Do you want to build your skills as a Writer and Editor? Do you have a passion for taking holistic approaches to philosophy, spirituality, religion, and psychology?
The Integral Meusio which publishes Meusio.org and other forthcoming publications is seeking a staff member with research, writing and editing skills.
|Position:||Writer/Editor Intern, Member of the Publications Circle|
|Reports To:||Publications Circle|
|Salary:||None, Unpaid internship|
The position requires a commitment of at least 5 hours per week on an ongoing basis for the total term. Our focus will be on giving you a taste of the role of Writer/Editor for a “spirituality start-up” in the Integral space. Regular one-on-one meetings with the Lead of the Publications Circle will give you an opportunity to deepen your understanding of our communications strategy while giving you a chance to have an impact on our success.
- Assist in copyediting, tagging, obtaining photography for, and linking articles for The Meusio and other forthcoming publications including multiple books.
- Administer and moderate our social media sites.
- Disseminate and promote our blog articles on social media.
- Research the pros and cons of building new presences on social media platforms that are not currently utilized and make recommendations to the Publications Circle.
- Write by-lined articles occasionally for our blog or social media sites.
- Create memes using graphics tools to help communicate the ideas and themes of Integral Spirituality to a wide audience.
- Research and curate articles and links on Integral Spirituality and the work of the Integral Meusio in general.
- Help to arrange interviews between third parties and members of our Executive Circle.
- Support the Circle Leads in the drafting of team Charters for governance using Holacracy, plus other editing or proofreading duties as may be assigned.
- Good technical skills in WordPress, Microsoft Word, and graphics creation tools.
- Knowledge of Integral Theory (Ken Wilber, etc.)
- College major in English, journalism, comparative religion, philosophy, semiotics, psychology, or cultural studies. Divinity school, ministry, or theological education a plus, but not required.
- Candidates of age 18+ from second-year college students to retirees are welcome to apply.
- If you don’t have all these skills on day one, don’t worry. We will focus on the skills that you do have and strengthen one or more of the skills that you want to improve upon.
Contact us with a cover letter and resume.
POSITION IS OPEN FOR A 3 MONTH MINIMUM TERM FROM START DATE. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED” BASIS.